Monday, June 3, 2024

F*cking Money issues....



Navigating Financial Triggers: A Journey of Resilience and Recovery

In the depths of overcoming a life once shadowed by addiction and criminal activity, finding financial stability can often feel like navigating through a minefield of triggers and temptations. My personal journey from darkness to light has been paved with continuous self-improvement, a steadfast commitment to recovery, and the daily task of reshaping old, detrimental behaviors into positive, life-affirming actions.



The financial pressures of raising a family have not made this journey any simpler. As a mother of two active boys and a professional counselor, I grapple with the guilt of my children's challenging early years and the desire to provide for their current wants, which sometimes come with a hefty price tag. This guilt can be a powerful trigger, pushing me toward the precipice of past quick-money schemes that, while not illegal, still resonate with the shadows of my former life.


To confront these financial triggers head-on, I've engaged in a relentless quest for self-improvement and financial literacy. Recognizing the need for external guidance, I sought assistance in budget planning and credit management to dig myself out of the financial rut that had been a constant for nearly four decades. It's a humbling experience, but acknowledging the need for help is not a sign of weakness; rather, it's an empowering step towards taking control of one's life.



Opening up about my internal struggles has been a cornerstone of my recovery. It's a cathartic release that not only allows me to process complex emotions but also to align my actions with my long-term goals, choosing the harder but healthier path over the tempting shortcuts. For those who may find themselves in a similar boat, battling the sirens of past habits, know that you are not alone in this struggle.


Stress is an inescapable aspect of life, especially when financial demands loom large. Yet, every day I apply the coping strategies I've amassed over years of personal growth and professional development. For me, there is an undeniable link between engaging in dubious activities and the risk of substance relapse. The moment I start to entertain thoughts of quick, easy money is the moment I edge closer to a past I've vowed never to revisit.



The road to overcoming these challenges is certainly not easy—it demands an unwavering resolve, a robust support network, the resilience to bounce back from setbacks, and an unyielding dedication to hard work. But the rewards of maintaining sobriety and living a life of integrity are immeasurable. By sharing my journey, I hope to inspire others who may be facing similar struggles, and to remind them of the power and possibility of transformation, even in the face of financial triggers.



Finding connections and seeking support can make a significant difference. Whether it's joining support groups, engaging with financial advisors, or simply cultivating a strong, trustworthy circle of friends and family, these resources can provide the guidance and reinforcement needed to stay the course. The path may be fraught with challenges, but with each step forward, we can learn to balance our needs and wants, to manage our triggers, and to build a life marked not by the shadows of our past, but by the brightness of our future.-Belle-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recovery Month: The Non-BS Guide

Recovery Month: The Non-BS Guide September is Recovery Month. Yay, party hats and balloons, right? Except it's not all rainbows and unic...

More to Read....